What are the Marketing Benefits of Visual Social Marketing
Show, don’t tell!
That’s what we hear expert marketers say time and time again, right? The great advancement in technology has made it possible to ACTUALLY show. With the emergence of visual content, online marketing has seen an explosive growth. The internet is jam-packed with visuals. They are used now-a-days to boost engagement, power up communications and add spark to social media.
Here are a few benefits that you can reap by marketing your business through visual content…
- Increased engagement- Posts with images receive 120-180% higher engagement from fans than posts without images. The best way to make most out of this time is to include compelling visuals on your website, because our brain requires only 1/10th of a second to process visual cues.
- Accelerated sharing on social networks- The most engaging posts on social media are the ones that include images. Studies have shown that Instagram photos have 1 billion likes a day, whereas 87% content shared on Facebook is mainly photos.
- Increased credibility and brand awareness- Visuals increase brand awareness and build credibility among prospects. One study showed that 76% of business marketers believe that video-embedded webpages generate high click-through rates. According to another research, 60% of consumers are more likely to take interest in a brand whose images appear in search results.Audience building- Once people start interacting with your brand on social media, they spread the word. They share posts that they find interesting. This brings more people to your business and your audience continues to grow.
- User retention- One faithful customer is better than 100 stoppers-by. Once a user finds your visual content interesting, they continue to interact with your brand on a regular basis, which makes them a long-term consumer.
- Improvements to SEO – An awesome video or infographic is not only pleasing to human brain but if you accompany it with search-friendly caption and relevant metadata, it can be equally great for SEO. Moreover, a viral post can also acquire you a lot of diversified backlinks across the web.
- Sales growth – visual content is highly responsible for attracting consumers towards your brand. People get more interested to buy a product after watching a video. Simply consider how television commercials make you crave for something that you never thought was necessary for you. A recent study revealed that 73% of internet users are compelled to make a purchase after viewing a video.
This charm, however, is not limited to videos only. Another finding shows that 27% people bought an item after seeing its image on Pinterest.
- Increase in direct traffic – Visual content helps bring traffic directly to your site. Once a user finds your content helpful, they might eventually visit your site for more useful stuff, rather than looking on social media.
- Referrals marketing – Another great side benefit that comes with visual content is that you get referrals from others. People who find your content useful refer it to other like-minded people who might be looking for the help you’re providing. This results in an increase in your audience without putting any serious effort.
There are several benefits that come with visual marketing, but they take time. You’ll have to experiment with your marketing techniques depending on what works with your target audience. However, once you efforts start paying off, you’ll never have to look back again.
Do you know any other ways in which visual social marketing can help you? We’d love you to share those with us in our Facebook Community.